- Entrants will begin writing no earlier than 8.00 p.m. on the first day (Friday) of the marathon and end not later than 8:00 p.m. on the final day (Monday) of the marathon.
- Any writing to be submitted for judging, other than the one-page outline, must be done at the event location otherwise the work will not be considered for judging. A non-legal affidavit to this effect must be signed by the author and witnessed, and must be submitted by the end of the event.
- Completed manuscripts to be submitted to the judges will be double-spaced in 14-point font with page number and title of work on each page. A separate title page will include the title of the work and the intended audience only (children/young adult, adult). To ensure the objectivity of the judging process, the author’s name will not appear anywhere on this copy. There are no limits to the length of the manuscript.
- For writers wishing to submit their work for judging, electronic copies will be accepted by the Novel Marathon Committee up to 8:00 p.m. on the last day of the marathon (Monday).
- The judges reserve the right to declare a non-winner in a category if the manuscripts are not deemed acceptable for submission to a publisher or agent.